Everyday people come to HealthUnlocked to connect with other people with the same health condition or those going through similar experiences to themselves.
In the latest of our user health stories, Simone talks about weight loss with a disability. Simone is a member of the Weight Loss NHS community on HealthUnlocked.
Simone has reduced mobility due to a disability that was a result of her mother taking the drug Thalidomide when she was pregnant with her. This can make losing weight more difficult. Simone has been overweight since the age of nine and has managed to lose weight despite limitations in terms of mobility and exercise. Simone has focused on healthy eating and exercise, having successfully lost 4 and a half stone (28kg) over five years.
We want your stories
Do you have your own health story to share? Could you do your own short video and tell us more?
Whether your video explains what living with an illness or disease is really like, how you overcame adversity, a story about how you learnt to live with a diagnosis or condition, or even how connecting with other people with your condition in HealthUnlocked has helped you, we want to hear from you.
A bit more about your video:
- Your video could be anything between 20 seconds to 1.30 minutes.
- Your stories will be part of our health story campaign, a collection of real experiences that show the real side of illness and wellbeing
- Tell us a bit about the health condition or disease you have
- Talk about what you wish other people knew about that condition or disease.
- Or how you’ve overcome challenges to improve your wellbeing (such as weight loss or Couch to 5k).
Can’t do a video but interested in telling your story?
These videos are just one way to share your story. You can find out about other things we are doing, and indicate your interest, in this recent post on HealthUnlocked Latest.